Peabody have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, forward thinking and experienced Building Surveyor to provide specialist technical surveying expertise and guidance on disrepair claims and be responsible for the delivery of works to time and budget. You will be based in Waterloo and join us on a full time, 12 month FTC in return for a competitive salary of £41,000 per annum.
The new Peabody is a significantly larger, more diverse organisation, employing over 3,000 people and servicing over 55,000 properties. The Surveying Team sits within the Service Delivery directorate and is responsible for the delivery of Major Repairs, Aids & Adaptions, Specialist Works, Disrepair and Professional Services.
Our Building Surveyor will assist in the delivery of specialist works which include structural; fire damage; insurance works; Fire Risk Assessment works; major repairs; improvement and refurbishment works etc.
Responsibilities of our Building Surveyor:
- Work closely and flexibly with other staff in delivering high quality maintenance service to our external and internal customers through the provision of professional technical advice, project and contractor management.
- Provide regular and professional communication and liaison with customers and key stakeholders in relation to works instructed and managed by the service.
- To take full responsibility and manage all assigned cases from start-to-finish in a professional and efficient manner whilst ensuring that appropriate stakeholders and appropriate databases are updated regularly.
- Ensure budget responsibilities are met, feeding into forecasting and efficiency plans as required.
- Manage a range of contractors, ensuring they deliver in accordance with their contract and KPI's.
- Manage external relationships with key stakeholders, such as Local Authorities and suppliers, that builds trust and confidence in Peabody's Service Delivery Team.
- To carry out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects including preparation of detailed reports, specifications and cost estimates where necessary to ensure the appropriate remedial works are undertaken, to ensure effective and appropriate repair solution ensuring all current and applicable regulations are complied with.
- Provide technical advice on building defects and diagnosis to the organisation, including the day-to-day responsive repair service, as well as, from time to time, carrying out post inspections of repairs to help better manage our contractors.
- To attend, and give evidence in court in cases where building regulations have been breached and as expert witnesses on building defects.
What we're looking for in our Building Surveyor:
- Degree in Building Surveying or similar technical qualification (HND HNC)
- Professional Membership (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Extensive experience of building surveying and specific experience of building maintenance, preferably within a social housing context.
- Experience in managing an extensive, complex and varying caseload, with projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
- In depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
- Excellent all round IT skills.
Experience preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally as well as ability to write, disseminate and assess detailed technical reports.
Closing date: 4thNovember 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Building Surveyor, please click 'apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity...... click apply for full job details